Sunday, February 2, 2014

Funnies

Today in singing time I had to laugh at a few points.

I introduced I Will Follow God's Plan by telling the story of the war in heaven. On a spiritual note, it's amazing to tell true stories to kids who may not have ever listened to them before! We even have some kids whose family is investigating the church. I was struck by how important it is to explain scripture truths simply and clearly.

When I got to the point where God presented a plan and Satan presented one, and what they suggested, I asked the kids whose plan they chose. Many kids said they chose God's plan. Then a new child, just old enough for primary, told me, "I chose cars!"

We also sang Follow The Prophet. After singing about Adam "we are his descendants in the latter days" I asked what descendants means.
One boy guessed it meant servants. I got a mental image of all the people in the world serving Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment